Now that You Have decided to install Joomla, lets take a minute for a Quick Pre-install check.
Does Your Web Server meet the system requirements? Not sure? Check here for Joomla 3.x system requirements.
During the installation You will be asked to provide information that Joomla needs to install itself on Your server. Below is a list of items You will be asked for.
General Site Information
- Domain Name example.com
- Joomla Compatible Web Host Insert “sponsored” webhosts here LOL.
- Joomla Admin Name Don’t Choose “Admin”. Please!
- Joomla Admin Password Choose this Wisely young Jedi.
MYSQL Information This info is usually found in Your hosting control panel
- Server Name (most WebHosts use 127.0.0.1 or localhost)
- Database Name Example_DB
- DataBase User your_user_name
- DataBase Password your_DB_password
- Double check that Your User has the following Permissions: (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, INDEX, ALTER, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, and LOCK TABLES)
Once You have this info gathered up, You can move on to the tutorial: How To Joomla 3.x Here.