Need a virtual server? Linode is Great!
I have been using Linode for the past 5 years now. Why?
- Rock Solid Infrastructure. Everything fails, its a fact of life. The difference between Linode, and 99% of their competition is that, They have designed their entire Infrastructure to deal with the inevitable failures. From the Patch Panel to the Cpu, it’s all Good
- Customer Support. I Think of myself as a busy person. If I have to wait more than 5min to talk to someone in support that can actually solve the issue I am having, or answer a question that I have, I am GONE. Linode does not dissapoint.
- Linode is Fast! The latest wave of Linode Servers, are on par with any other hosting company on the Planet!
Nothing is 100% perfect so here is a quick breakdown of the Pros vs. Cons.
- Customer service that is second to none.
- A price point for every Project, and even the little guy gets the good stuff!
- Rock solid infrastructure.
- Great Control Panels
- The DNS system is as close to perfect is I dare hope for.
- They actually Upgrade hardware on a schedule!!!!!!! No servers that are 5 years old!!!!!!!
- It can be a little daunting to a beginner.
- Linode is UN-MANAGED, it is NOT for someone wanting just a blog. *Recently Linode added OS Management.
- redundant Backup is not included in base price. The add-on is only about $6 per month, but I firmly believe everything should come with FREE Backups, EVERYTHING. (to be fair their is a non-user accessible backup provided for free, a quick email to support can get your Server restored in a matter of minutes.
So in closing, Linode is World-Class in every respect, and at current prices an Excellent Bargain. But running a VPS is not for everyone.
P.S. If You use the link below to sign up for Linode Services, I get a referral credit. Thank You, Have a Good Day!